Sensor driver support with CCS

Hello everyone,

Past few weeks I have been working to support IMX519 sensor with CCS
driver. The highlight is that I can capture frames with CCS driver now,
with a few workarounds. This thread summarises the issues that we faced
and act as placeholder for more open and structured discussion.

- First open question is regarding the upstream support of a sensor
  driver with CCS. How should we term that a sensor is 'mainline-supported'
  if it is getting supported by CCS. How can one use a sensor out of the box
  with mainline kernel, when supported by CCS?

- Continued from the previous discusion point, the more specific question is
  about the sensor-specific static data that is composed of
  manfacturer-specific-registers (MSRs) and (maybe) overridden
  sensor-read-only-regs which are created as part of ccs-tools [1].
  This becomes part of firmware? which needs to live /lib/firmware and
  then picked up by CCS driver.

  Where can they be centralized ? is linux-firmware an option? [2].

- It was noticed that with current version of CCS - I was only able to
  get 1/3 buffer filled. This was due to the fact that LINE_LENGTH_PCK
  and FRAME_LENGTH_LINES registers are not getting updated to permissible
  values in / before ccs_start_streaming() starts. Hence they are stuck
  with values from probe time.

These are top issues we faced while trying to support IMX519. This thread
will act as placeholder to have more discussions in the open and/or help
other sensors that can be supported with CCS.

[1]: https://github.com/MIPI-Alliance/ccs-tools
[2]: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/

thanks,
uajain