Re: Old patches sent via the Mailing list

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 19:20 -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a large effort during this weekend to handle the maximum amount of patches, in order to have them
> ready for 2.6.37. While there are still some patches marked as NEW at patchwork, and a few pending pull
> requests (mostly related to more kABI changes), there are still a list of patches that are marked as
> Under review. Except for 4 patches from me, related to Doc (that I'm keeping in this list just to remind
> me that I'll need to fix them when I have some time - just some automation stuff at DocBook), all other
> patches marked as Under review are stuff that I basically depend on others.
>
> The last time I sent this list, I was about to travel, and I may have missed some comments, or maybe I
> may just forgot to update. But I suspect that, for the list bellow, most of them are stuff where the
> driver maintainer just forgot at limbo.
>
> >From the list of patches under review, we have:
>
> Waiting for new patch, signed, from Sven Barth <pascaldragon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>   Apr,25 2010: Problem with cx25840 and Terratec Grabster AV400                       http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/94960   Sven Barth <pascaldragon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sven,

We need a "Signed-off-by: " for your submitted patch:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Development:_Submitting_Patches#Sign_your_work

Note, your patch has an obvious, unintentional white space change for
"if (std == V4L2_STD_NTSC_M_JP)", so could you fix that up and send a
new signed off version?

Mauro,

This patch makes obvious sense to me: don't perform audio register
updates on a chip that doesn't have an audio processing block.  Sven's
approach was based on my recommended approach, after his initial
discovery on how to get his audio working.

Do we really need an S.O.B for something that appears to be common
sense, and wouldn't have been implemented any other way, even if I had
implemented it?

Regards,
Andy