Re: [RFC] Resource reservation for frontend - Was: Re: xc5000 and switch RF input

On 10/06/2010 03:40 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
So, we really need to implement some type of resource locking that will properly setup I2C gates,
RF gates, etc, depending on the type of resource currently in use.

Basically, the idea would be to implement something like:

enum frontend_resource {
	ANALOG_TV_TUNER,
	DIGITAL_TV_TUNER,
	FM_TUNER,
	ANALOG_DEMOD,
	DIGITAL_DEMOD,
};

I haven't examined this yet enough, but for the background information I can say I have one device which needs this. There is tuner behind demodulator, but instead of normal I2C-gate switch, it is rather much likely repeater. All tuner commands are send to the demod which then writes those to the tuner.

DD = demod I2C addr
TT = tuner I2C addr
Bn = payload data

traditional I2C send to the tuner: