RE: V4L/DVB: cx231xx: Colibri carrier offset was wrong for PAL/M

Good catch. OK with the fix.

Sri
From: Devin Heitmueller [dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2010 8:40 AM
To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Subject: Re: V4L/DVB: cx231xx: Colibri carrier offset was wrong for PAL/M

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> cx231xx: Colibri carrier offset was wrong for PAL/M
>
> The carrier offset check at cx231xx is incomplete. I got here one concrete case
> where it is broken: if PAL/M is used (and this is the default for Pixelview SBTVD),
> the routine will return zero, and the device will be programmed incorrectly,
> producing a bad image. A workaround were to change to NTSC and back to PAL/M,
> but the better is to just fix the code ;)

Thanks for spotting this.  I've been focusing entirely on NTSC, so any
such fixes for other standards are very welcome.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

Conexant E-mail Firewall (Conexant.Com) made the following annotations

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."