Re: v4l2-async: regression due to endpoint matching

On 28.04.23 08:52, Linux regression tracking #adding (Thorsten Leemhuis)
wrote:
> [CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
> https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]
>
> [TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
> regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
> paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
> See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]
>
> On 27.04.23 16:40, Alexander Stein wrote:
>>
>> I have a setup on my TQMa6x (imx6q-mba6a.dts) with a tc358743 attached to the
>> MIPI CSI input.
>> I noticed that since commit 1f391df44607 ("media: v4l2-async: Use endpoints in
>> __v4l2_async_nf_add_fwnode_remote()") the async subdevice probing does not
>> work anymore. If I revert that, it is working again, even on next-20230425.
>> [...]
>
> Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
> tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced 1f391df44607
> #regzbot title media: v4l2-async: async subdevice probing stopped
> working on TQMa6x
> #regzbot ignore-activity

I'm removing this from the list of tracked regressions, because as I
understand things a revert would cause a regressions itself; a quick fix
sadly is not really possible and a proper one already WIP[1]. There
hence is not much worth tracking this. Should happen in a ideal world,
but that's how it is sometimes:

#regzbot inconclusive: revert no option and a proper fix will take some time
#regzbot ignore-activity

[1] afaics it's this, but I might be wrong with
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230622114028.908825-1-sakari.ailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.