Re: [GIT PULL FOR v6.5] uvcvideo changes

Em Wed, 7 Jun 2023 20:56:29 +0300
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On Wed, Jun 07, 2023 at 08:47:38PM +0300, Dmitry Perchanov wrote:
> > Hi Laurent,
> > I saw that Jenkins failed to apply this patch..
> >
> > > FAILED: patch patch patches/0002-media-uapi-v4l-Intel-metadata-format-update.patch doesn't apply:
> > > Applying patch patches/0002-media-uapi-v4l-Intel-metadata-format-update.patch
> > > can't find file to patch at input line 21
> >
> > ¯\_(O_o)_/¯
>
> I suspect Jenkins may be trying to apply the patch to the wrong branch.

Jenkins always try to apply patches on the top of media-stage master.

One of the issues with PR e-mails is that they don't specify on
what tree/branch a patch should be applied. Ok, it would be doable
to have some heuristics logic to try a couple of different options
and/or use "since commit" to identify if the tree is the correct
one, but the current logic lacks that.

The error message seems to indicate that the patch didn't apply
cleanly there. It should have been preserved the build information,
though.

Regards,
Mauro