[Query] Is there a spec to request video sensor information?

Hi,

I was wondering if there exists a current standard way to query a
Imaging sensor driver for knowing things like the signal vert/horz blanking time.

In an old TI custom driver, we used to have a private IOCTL in the sensor
Driver we interfaced with the omap3 ISP, which was basically reporting:

- Active resolution (Actual image size)
- Full resolution (Above size + dummy pixel columns/rows representing blanking times)

However I resist to keep importing that custom interface, since I think its
Something that could be already part of an standard API.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Sergio