Re: Problems with Freecom USB DVB-T dongles

In message <+ay15VCWVXdMFw1S@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, dave cunningham wrote

Hi,

I'm having problems with a pair of Freecom USB dongles and am wondering if anyone has any pointers?

<snip>

In dmesg at boot I see one message for each device
"dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110"

Other than this everything seems OK.

The system is running MythTV Backend (0.23) and I can have them both recording simultaneously as I would expect.

At some point however I start to get floods of messages to the console (repeats of "dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110") and the system slows down to a crawl.

<snip>

I'm still looking for any suggestions. From a brief look at the source this message seems to be coming from a call to usb_bulk_msg.

Given that the dongles are OK in a via system does this likely suggest a compatibility issue with the USB host controller on the AMD 760G board?

I'm I likely to get anywhere trying to debug the code or will a USB analyser be required to work out what's going on?
--
Dave Cunningham                                  dave at upsilon org uk
                                                 PGP KEY ID: 0xA78636DC