Re: ucv camera fix : tester offering :-)

Hi Giuliano

Usually it is better to ask at the linux-media mailing list
https://www.linuxtv.org/lists.php. there is better chance to get an
answer and your question will get better chances to get be answered.

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 at 15:14, Giuliano Lotta <giuliano.lotta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Laurent,
>
> I'm using using an ubuntu Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS on 5.15.0-56-generic
>
> with an Acer Nitro 5 AN517-55 with Quanta ACER HD User Facing', USB 0408:4035.
>
> Currently the camera is not working under linux. The camera works perfectly on Windows 11 dual boot.
>
> The camera is reported to have problems on other linux versions: https://linux-hardware.org/?id=usb:0408-4035
>
> My console commands report similar info to other users: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/723504/integrated-camera-not-detected-working-on-acer-nitro-5-an515-58
>
> I see also that there is a proposed fix at https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-media/patch/20220617235610.321917-9-ribalda@xxxxxxxxxxxx/

If your error in dmesg is simiar

[    4.629731] uvcvideo 3-6:1.1: Failed to query (129) UVC probe
control : 26 (exp. 48).

I am afraid that my patch won't help you much. My patch fixes the way
a control can be configured.

Can you copy your whole dmesg when you get an error. Also the output
of lsusb -v -d 0408:4035

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Ribalda