RE: [omap3camera] How does a lens subdevice get powered up?

Hi Laurent,

Hmm... I don't know what I was thinking... you're right. :)

Now that I rethink what I just said vs your answer, I think you have a point, so I'll drop that thought...

However, I think still there's something that could be done here...

Imagine a scenario in which you have 2 sensors, each one with a different
Coil motor driver to control each sensor's lens position.

Should we have a way to register some sort of association between
Sensor and lens subdevices? That way, by querying the media device, an app
can know which lens is associated with what sensor, without any hardcoding.

That would be very similar to the case in which you would want to associate
an audio capturing subdev with a video capturing subdev. They are not technically sharing the same data, but they are related.

Is this kind of association considered in the Media Controller framework
implementation currently?

Regards,
Sergio