Re: request for help on uvcvideo driver issue

Hi Amos,

CC'ing the linux-media mailing list.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 07:16:05PM +0100, Amos Tibaldi wrote:
> Hello,
>    I have a usb framegrabber and it worked fine in ubuntu 20.04 and previous
> releases of ubuntu with the uvcvideo.ko kernel module but now that I have
> ubuntu 22.10 the uvcvideo.ko does not work with the ezcap261 framegrabber. The
> ko is loaded but cheese or xawtv or vlc go on timeout when issuing video
> acquisition, and the select returns wrong argument. I have also updated the
> firmware of the framegrabber. What can I do?

Could you please send a copy of the kernel log, in text form ? You can
retrieve it with `dmesg` or `sudo dmesg`. I'm particularly interested in
messages printed when the device is plugged in, or when an application
attempts to use it.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart