Re: OMAP3 Bridge Problems

 On 08/09/2010 03:25 AM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
Hi Lane,

On Monday 09 August 2010 00:56:27 Lane Brooks wrote:
On 08/08/2010 04:29 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
Hi Lane,

Thanks for the patch.

On Thursday 05 August 2010 20:53:50 Lane Brooks wrote:

[snip]

I was able to get YUV CCDC capture mode working with rather minimal
effort. Attached is a patch with the initial effort. Can you comment?
Writing to the ISPCCDC_SYN_MODE register should be moved to
ccdc_configure(). Just move the switch statement there right after the

	format =&ccdc->formats[CCDC_PAD_SINK];

line (without the ispctrl_val settings), it should be enough.

+		isp_reg_writel(isp, ispctrl_val, OMAP3_ISP_IOMEM_MAIN,
+			       ISP_CTRL);
The ISP_CTRL register should be written in isp_select_bridge_input()
only. As you correctly mention, whether the data is in little endian or
big endian format should come from platform data, so I think it's fine
to force board files to set the isp->pdata->parallel.bridge field to the
correct value.
Putting the bridge settings in the platform data is tricky because they
need to change depending on the selected format. For example, for my
board, when in SGRBG mode, the bridge needs disabled. When in YUV16
mode, however, I need need to select BIG/LITTLE endian depending on
whether it is YUYV or UYVY or ...
Ah right... So your sensor can output both Bayer and YUV data ? What sensor is
that BTW ?

Aptina MT9T111. It can even output JPEG.

I am not quite sure how to capture that in the platform data without
enumerating every supported format code in the platform data. The current
patch knows (based on the OMAP TRM) that YUV16 mode requires the bridge to
be enabled. So in the platform data I specify the bridge state for SGBRG
mode and force the bridge to BIG endian in YUV16 mode. This leaves the
sensor to switch the phasing based on YUYV, YVYU, etc. mode.  I am not sure
who should be in charge of doing byte swapping in general, but if the input
and output modes are the same, then big endian should be used to avoid a
byte swap. In other words, the mode is completely determinable based on the
formats, so perhaps I should implement it that way. If the input and output
port require a byte swap, then go little endian, otherwise go big endian.
OK I understand. The best solution (for now) would then be to modify
isp_configure_bridge(). I wrote a few patches that modify how platform data is
handled, but I can't commit them at the moment (they depend on other patches
that I still need to clean up).

The reason why I put both writes to the ISPCTRL and SYN_MODE registers
where I did. Moving them to other places will require querying the
selected format code. Is that what you want as well?
For SYN_MODE, definitely. For ISPCTRL, you can hack isp_configure_bridge() to
retrieve the current CCDC input format, and we'll write a proper fix right
after I commit my platform data restructuring patches.
I'll wait for your patches then. Let me know.