Re: [libdvben50221] stack leaks resources on non-MMI session reconnect.

On 15/07/2010 15:20, Stephan Trebels wrote:

The issue was, that LIBDVBEN50221 did not allow a CAM to re-establish
the session holding non-MMI resources if using the lowlevel interface.
The session_number was recorded on open, but not freed on close (which
IMO is an bug in the code, I attach the scaled down hg changeset). With
this change, the SMIT CAM with a showtime card works fine according to
tests so far.

The effect was, that the CAM tried to constantly close and re-open the
session and the LIBDVBEN50221 kept telling it, that the resource is
already allocated to a different session.  Additionally this caused the
library to use the _old_ session number in communications with the CAM,
which did not even exist anymore, so caused all writes of CA PMTs to
fail with EINTR.

Stephan

Hello

Just to inform that this patch solves problems with CAM PowerCAM v4.3, so I think it can interest more people.

Before gnutv -cammenu (and other applications using libdvben50221) was returning ti;eout (-3) errors constantly after the display of the system IDs.

Now, the menu is working flawlessly

I cannot test the descrambling for the moment but it improved quite a lot the situation (communication with th CAM is now possible).

One note concerning the patch itself, the last "else if (resource_id == EN50221_APP_MMI_RESOURCEID)" is useless.

Best regards

--
Brice