[Media Summit] ChromeOS Kernel CAM

Hi

On ChromeOS we have opted to have a camera stack based on the upstream kernel.

The camera ecosystem has become extremely heterogeneous thanks to the
proliferation of complex cameras. Meaning that, if ChromeOS wants to
keep with our upstream commitments, we have to look into how to get
more involvement from vendors and standardise our stack.

Kcam is an initiative to support complex cameras in a way that can be
scalable, is acceptable by the vendors and respect the users rights.

Slides at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tew21xeKmFlQ7dQxMcIYqybVuQL7La1a/view

Looking forward to see all of you again on Monday :)

--
Ricardo Ribalda