Re: Cedrus -- video encoding on PinePhone?

Hi!

> Encoding in MJPEG doesn't seem very viable, or maybe only for very short clips.
> Also note that a big factor for encoding videos from cameras is the reduction
> of noise: the usual level of noise coming out of the sensor makes it very
> difficult to get reasonable compression rates.

AFAICT MJPEG on 2Mpix source should give about 900MB/minute, so 5
minute clips should be doable given enough free space on flash.

PinePhone has smart sensor (and provides JPEGs) so I guess it already
deals with the noise somehow?

Thanks for the pointers, I'll go through the videos.

Best regards,
							Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.