Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin, September 12: Draft Agenda V1

13:30 Dave: On-sensor temperature reporting.

   Thread started by Benjamin at
   https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/20220415111845.27130-3-benjamin.mugnier@xxxxxxxxxxx/
   but no resolution over using hwmon API or V4L2 control. If hwmon
   then we need Media Controller framework to tie the sensor and thermal
   device together.

   It's recently been queried for IMX477 with the Pi
   (https://github.com/raspberrypi/libcamera/issues/19), but it will
   apply to many sensors.

Dave, it would be very useful if you could summarize, based on your
experience, how that information is reported by sensors (I2C reads,
embedded data, ..., but also single value, multiple values, ...) and
what use cases are expected to consume it.

I will only attend in remote so I won't be able to talk with you about this topic.

But indeed I'm really interested in the outcome.