Fwd: Help supporting IT9910 chipset

Hi. I've an ezcap295hd. It's an usb video grabber based on the IT9910
chipset manufactured by ITE Tech. Inc.

I wasn't able to find linux support for it. Is anybody working on it?

The chipset and device vendors were not helpful providing usb specs.
But I attempted to reverse the usb communication on windows and it
doesn't seem too complex.

It has 3 endpoints, I inferred that it works as follows:

ENDPOINT 1 Bulk OUT: Control Output
ENDPOINT 2 Bulk IN: Control Input
ENDPOINT 3 Bulk OUT: MPEG-TS Stream

So far I was able to extract and play the video stream from a pcapng.

I've some experience writing USB user space applications, but no
experience writing kernel modules nor with the video4linux api.

If nobody is working on this chipset I'd like to attempt to write a
driver for it.

Also, does anybody know of a module for a device similar to this one
that I could base my driver on? It would be of great help.

I'll leave lsusb output and attach a pcapng in case anybody wants to
check it out.

Regards.

Juan Zuloaga

/**********************************/
pcapng:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SCSLbJPqrUZKC7QXBO_En-p6JBcy_nTG/view?usp=sharing
/*********************************/

Bus 003 Device 026: ID 048d:9910 Integrated Technology Express, Inc.
IT9910 chipset based grabber
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x048d Integrated Technology Express, Inc.
  idProduct          0x9910 IT9910 chipset based grabber
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1 ITE TECH. INC.
  iProduct                2 ezcap HD Capture
  iSerial                 3
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength       0x0027
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           3
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass      0
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
  bLength                10
  bDescriptorType         6
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0