Re: [ANN] Media Summit at ELCE Dublin: Request for Topics

Hi Laurent

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 2:28 PM Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 12:29:32PM +0200, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> > On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 8:46 AM Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Since countries are opening up again and travel is (at least for now!) a lot easier,
> > > I am considering a media summit during the ELCE in Dublin (Sep 13-16).
> > >
> > > See here for more details about the conference:
> > >
> > > https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
> > >
> > > Of course, this only makes sense if there is something to talk about. So please reply
> > > with any suggestions for topics!
> > >
> > > Also please let me know if you would expect to be at such a media summit in person.
> > > If only a few people would be there, then there isn't much point to this.
> > >

> > > I have two topics:
> > >
> > > 1) Discussion of the media subsystem development process: any bottlenecks, any ideas
> > >    for improvements?
> > >
> > > 2) I can give a presentation on the work I've done in the CTA-861 standard (used by
> > >    HDMI) and the edid-decode utility.
> > >
> > > I'd like to make a decision on whether or not it is worthwhile to do this in a week
> > > or two. If we wait too long it might be difficult to get a room for the summit.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >         Hans
> >
> > If all goes well, I will attend in person.
> >
> > I would like to propose a topic as well if there is still space for it:
> >
> > At ChromeOS we have been working on a new way to access cameras that
> > do not fit in the current V4L2/MC model.
> >
> > We want to introduce the project, start a discussion in the media
> > community and think together about the approach and how it fits in our
> > current ecosystem.
>
> I hope there will be space to discuss this topic :-) Could you maybe
> provide links to the talk you've given in Paris (video and slides) as
> well as to the public git tree ? We'll have a big agenda for the
> workshop, it will be important to focus on discussions and not
> presentations, so we should all prepare by reading material in advance.

The video of the presentation has not been produced yet. There is a
raw version with all the sessions of the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--rVT4RsCE&t=26706s Will share with
the list the video once it is has been edited

The slides are here:
https://kernel-recipes.org/en/2022/talks/rethinking-the-kernel-camera-framework/

and the source code here:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/kernel/+/refs/heads/kcam
 Although it is WIP at this moment.

If time allows I want to write a design doc before the workshop to
make the most of out it.

Regards!