Re: Attaching an I2C VCM subdev (media entity) to media pipeline

Hi Karthik

On 07/06/2022 18:29, Karthik Poduval wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had a question about VCM subdev (media entity). The  example VCM
> drivers have no pads. How do we attach them to the image sensor subdev
> in the pipeline ?

This is somewhat in its infancy so you'll need to be running v5.19-rc1,
but assuming you're describing the device with DT you should be able to
link them by providing a lens-focus property with a phandle pointing to
the node for the lens controller. No pad-to-pad links will or should be
created though, the connection is represented by an "ancillary link"
which should be created by v4l2-core. The VCM drivers won't be in the
image pipeline as such but their connection to the sensor subdev is
discoverable to user space when parsing links, for example in
libcamera's implementation:
https://git.linuxtv.org/libcamera.git/tree/src/libcamera/media_device.cpp#n732