Re: Attaching an I2C VCM subdev (media entity) to media pipeline

Hi Karthik,

Quoting Karthik Poduval (2022-06-07 18:29:23)
> Hi All,
>
> I had a question about VCM subdev (media entity). The  example VCM
> drivers have no pads. How do we attach them to the image sensor subdev
> in the pipeline ?

This requires a bit of support that was added fairly recently for
managing non-data links between subdevices. This was added through the
use of 'ancillary links' which can connect a sensor and a VCM.

It should be handled automatically if you're on the latest kernel
version, but if not you would perhaps need to back-port the
implementation. I believe it's handled automatically through the async
subdevice notifier systems.

--
Kieran