Very poor (signal?) quality on buget card TwinHan VP DST

Hi,

I am using a TwinHan VP DST card under Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (2.6.32-23 with s2-liplianin-dkms updated dvb drivers).

The card is detected fine, but does not seem to have analogue tuner. I can scan channels, and I can watch TV using digital-only capable applications (eg, Me-TV, Kaffeine). Nevertheless, the general picture quality is VERY bad. Basically, there's not a single frame without decoding error and freezes. Sound suffers the same problem. It all behaves like a bad signal/bad antenna installation.

The problem is: a parallel windows installation gives a crystal-clear and stable picture, without touching the antenna in between.

I assume it's a problem with channel fine-tuning or software decoder quality. Can anyone help me with solving these problems?

Thanks
Arne