Re: Video4Linux: Call an I2C subdev function to start a stream after a CSI2 driver has been started

Hi Terry,

Quoting Terry Barnaby (2022-05-10 14:35:38)
> Hi,
>
> We are working on a system that uses a NXP IMX8MP SOC with a TP2855
> analogue video front end chip that can capture 1920x1080p25 or PAL
> 720x576i25 analogue video streams which is generally working using
> gstreamer as the higher level software driving this.
>
> We have an intermittent video stream start up problem which we believe
> is down to:
>
> 1. The TP2855 is initialised first and its subdev *_s_stream() call is
> called to start the video input.
>
> 2. The NXP CSI2 video input hardware is then started:
> imx8-mipi-csi2-sam.c: mipi_csis_s_stream().

I don't think I can see this file in the latest linux sources. Are you
working on an out of tree BSP driver supported by a vendor?

If so - you might be able to contact them directly for support, but if
we don't have the source code it can be hard to support your issue.

--
Regards

Kieran