Re: hantro: g2: Does the postprocessor needs 32byte aligned width ?

Le vendredi 28 janvier 2022 à 12:43 -0600, Adam Ford a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 12:35 PM Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Adam,
> >
> > Jernej and I had to deal with user report which show a stride issue with the G2
> > on Allwinner H6.
> >
> > https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/17565-nightly-images-for-a64-h3-h5-h6-and-r40-boards/?postID=166086#post166086
> >
> > We quickly found that the stride alignment set to 16 needs to be 32. Though we
> > noticed that this is only needed when using the G2 postprocessor (NV12), while
> > it worked fine with tiles (NV12_4L4).
>
> Out of curiosity, would it hurt to make the G2 alignment to be 32 even
> if it's not required?

Aligning tile to 32 can be complex, I don't think the code is ready to handle
padded tiled buffers. About the post-prob, I'd like to first understand why is
this.

> > We were wondering if you, or anyone here on the list could test this on IMX8MQ
> > and IMX8MM. We'd like know if this is specific to the older G2 on H6. To trigger
> > this, you need a video with a resolution like 1552x1080 as used in the report.
> > We can help you get one if needed.
>
> If you have a video you want me to try and instructions on how you
> want me to test it, I can give it a shot. The imx8mm doesn't have a
> video display driver yet, but I think the imx8mq does.  I am not as
> familiar with that board as I am with the 8mm.  The testing I have
> done to date has only been done with fluster.

If you have fluster/gstreamer ready, and some display, I suppose you can try and
kmssink (worked for me with the vendor display driver). To get the same video,
you can probably download temporarily that youtube video with youtube-dl,
careful not to share the file, this is copyrighted content, but it ease testing
and debugging, so I suspect it falls in fair use (INAL).

youtube-dl -f 248 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVcZfQe-Kw
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location="Dua Lipa - Levitating Featuring DaBaby (Official Music Video)-TUVcZfQe-Kw.webm" ! parsebin ! v4l2slvp9dec ! videoconvert ! kmssink

regards,
Nicolas