Re: em28xx/xc3028 - kernel driver vs. Markus Rechberger's driver

Hello Torsten,

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Torsten Krah
<tkrah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2010, um 00:15:36 schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
>> You probably damaged the contents of the device's eeprom. If you have the
>> logs with the previous eeprom contents somewhere, it is possible to recover
>> it. There's an util at v4l-utils that allows re-writing the information at
>> the eeprom.
>
> Hi,
>
> can you tell me which util and how it can be done.
> I am too affected and damaged the eeprom (don't know how) - but my usb id did
> change too from e1ba:2870 to eb1a:2871.
>
> Still need to find a old dmesg log for my stick but it should be this:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg14758.html
>
> Is this "output" enough to rewrite the correct eeprom date back to my "borked"
> stick or is something else needed?

Yes, I think it's enough, of course if it's not the right one, you
always can re-write until you
get the right eeprom. Good luck!

The rewrite_eeprom.pl is available under git.utils tree:
http://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-utils.git

All instructions are available into the source code. Let me know if
you have any problem with such tool.

BTW, maybe is a good idea to create at wikipage a page for EEPROMs.

Cheers
Douglas