Re: [media-ctl] [omap3camera:devel] How to use the app?

Hi Sergio,

On Tuesday 29 June 2010 01:34:01 Aguirre, Sergio wrote:
> Hi Laurent/Sakari,
>
> I have been attempting to migrate my IMX046 sensor driver, that I had
> working on my Zoom3(OMAP3630 ES1.1) with older codebase, to work with the
> latest omap3camera tree, 'devel' branch:
>
> http://gitorious.org/omap3camera/mainline/commits/devel
>
> And for that, I'm trying to also understand how to use your test tool:
> "media-ctl":
>
> http://git.ideasonboard.org/?p=media-ctl.git;a=summary
>
> Now, the thing is that, I don't see any guide to learn how to write the
> Proper format for some of the parameters, like to build links in
> interactive mode (-i), or to set formats (-f).
>
> Can you please detail about a typical usage for this tool? (example on how
> to build a link, set link format, etc.)

I've pushed a new patch to the media-ctl repository that makes the help
message a bit more verbose when running media-ctl -h. It describes the links
and formats as follows:

Links and formats are defined as
	link            = pad, '->', pad, '[', flags, ']' ;
	format          = pad, '[', fcc, ' ', size, [ ' ', crop ], ']' ;
	pad             = entity, ':', pad number ;
	entity          = entity number | ( '\"', entity name, '\"' ) ;
	size            = width, 'x', height ;
	crop            = left, ',', top, '/', size ;
where the fields are
	entity number   Entity numeric identifier
	entity name     Entify name (string)
	pad number      Pad numeric identifier
	flags           Link flags (0: inactive, 1: active)
	fcc             Format FourCC
	width           Image width in pixels
	height          Image height in pixels

For instance, to set the CCDC to preview link as active, the link specifier
would be

'"OMAP3 ISP CCDC":2 -> "OMAP3 ISP preview":0 [1]'

To set the format on the preview output pad to YUYV 1280x720, the format
specifier would be

'"OMAP3 ISP preview":2 [YUYV 1280x720]'

Spaces are optional.

> So far, my progress is pushed into this branch:
>
> http://dev.omapzoom.org/?p=saaguirre/linux-omap-camera.git;a=shortlog;h=ref
> s/heads/mc_migration_wip

Thanks for the link.

> And with that, after I boot, I get the following topology:

[snip]

You will find a set of patches that remove the legacy video nodes attached to
this e-mail. They haven't been applied to the omap3camera tree yet, as we
still haven't fixed all userspace components yet, but they should get there in
a few weeks hopefully. You should probably apply them to your tree to make
sure you don't start using the legacy video nodes by mistake. They also remove
a lot of code, which is always good, and remove the hardcoded number of
sensors.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart