Re: Firmware (devicetree/ACPI interface) for marking camera sensors being on the front/back of a device

Hi Laurent,

On 1/18/22 13:48, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

<snip>

>>> I wonder if the atomisp2 driver will ever get out of staging. There's so
>>> much work to be done there.
>>
>> I would be more then happy if we can get it mostly functional, ever
>> getting it out of staging indeed is unlikely.
>
> :-)
>
> Does it require image processing algorithms in userspace, or is it all
> handled by firmware ?

I believe it will require 3A stuff in userspace, so the plan is to
write a libcamera pipeline handler for it eventually. ATM my focus
is on just getting a picture out of it, setting e.g. exposure + gain
manually for now.  We do have it working on some Cherry Trail devices
now, but I would really like to also get it to work on Bay Trail devices,
because the more work we do on improving it while only CHT is supported
to bigger the chance that we introduce changes which cause (more)
brokenness on BYT.

So my plan (for the weekends) is to get the @#%$#@! piece of code to
produce an image on BYT hw :)

Regards,