Re: TS discontinuity with TT S-2300

27.06.2010 21:25, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Are you sure that Mantis driver delivers garbage, not partial packets?
> Please note that the dvb_dmx_swfilter[_204]() routines must accept
> partial packets, i.e. the rest of the packet will be dellivered with the
> next call.

Yes, I'm sure that the garbage comes from the PCI device itself:
garbage should be found at less than 204 byte position otherwise.

My latest mailed patch that I use makes sure 0x47 is found at
demux->tsbufp[0],
if there is at least one spared byte. Otherwise the resulting 188 sized
packet would be discarded eventually.

It would be good if Mauro would accept my patch for dvb_dmx_swfilter(_204)
functions some day. It increases robustness with garbage input, and
performance by avoiding unnecessary packet copying.

> dvb_dmx_swfilter_packets() expects complete TS packets from the driver.
> The saa7146 does so. It does not deliver garbage data. (Otherwise this
> would have been noticed a long time ago. The ttpci drivers are the
> oldest DVB drivers and are very well tested.)

I'm very sorry I even questioned ttpci's and the hardware's robustness.

I'm delighted to hear that ttpci is so well implemented and tested and
so long :)
I was very impressed in the quality of the code with
dvb_dmx_swfilter_packets():
so simple and efficient.

Unfortunately I have had lots of problems with Mantis.
But because of that, I've learned DVB driver programming.

H.264 works now mostly in one TV channel without crashing Xine with
remote vdr.
I had to modify streamdev plugin too for vdr.

CU
Marko