DVB mmap API

Hello,

I'm probably just looking for a project of unnecessary complexity to
take on but I couldn't help but notice there's been driver support for
mmap on DVB devices in the Linux kernel now for a pretty long time.  I
also noticed that it's been marked experimental since inception and
that nothing seems to use it or have a real example of it for the DVB
spec (v4lutils' dvb wrappers included).  Is there a grave reason this
thing is still marked experimental?  It seems in theory like a good
way to prevent context switches.

I'm nearly considering experimenting with modifying mythtv's DVB
demuxing, tuning, and streaming routines to use this.  Not because I
need to, mind you, it's just an ancient system and I'm trying to
prevent every ounce of the occasional hiccup that happens.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.15/userspace-api/media/dvb/dmx-mmap.html