buffer management

Hi All,

While working on a driver, i stumbled up on this question. I have a
driver where the driver allocates it's buffers
(maybe it's better to term that the hardware requires it that way) in
the following fashion:

Buffer 1: SG list 1
Buffer 2: SG list 2
Buffer 3: SG list 3
Buffer 4: SG list 4
Buffer 5: SG list 5
Buffer 6: SG list 6
Buffer 7: SG list 7
Buffer 8: SG list 8

Now, on each video interrupt, I know which SG list i need to read
from. At this stage i do need to copy the
buffers associated with each of the SG lists at once. In this
scenario, I don't see how videobuf could be used,
while I keep getting this feeling that a simple copy_to_user of the
entire buffer could do the whole job in a
better way, since the buffers themselves are already managed and
initialized already. Am I correct in thinking
so, or is it that I am overlooking something ?

Comments ?

Thanks,
Manu