Re: Is anybody working on TechniSat CableStar Combo HD CI USB device?

On 06/07/2010 09:01 AM, Tobias Maier wrote:
> on the card is a Micronas DRX 3913 JKA2 which is a combined analog
> cable, DVB-C and DVB-T Demodulator.
> any chance this device is supported soon? Anything i can do to get
> this going?

Hi Tobias,

I'm in the market for a USB DVB-C device, and I've been looking into
this device. I've added it to the linuxtv.org wiki
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechniSat_CableStar_Combo_HD_CI).

It seems the Windows drivers for this device are very similar to those
of the (supported) Terratec S7 DVB-S device. No quite sure that to make
of that, though. The Micronas DRX series seems to 'evil' in that there
is only a closed-source driver and the manufacturer doesn't cooperate
with open source developers.

Jan-Pascal