Re: v4l-utils: time for a new release?

Hello,

On 13.10.21 12:58, Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi Gregor,

I think it is a good idea if you can make a new release of v4l-utils. It's a long time since the last one.

Do you have time to do that?

Yesterday I released 1.22.0 but when updating the Debian package I noticed the -fvisibility=hidden flags are gone.

In this old build log you could see them in action:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=v4l-utils&arch=amd64&ver=1.20.0-4&stamp=1615811474&raw=0

I suspect something in the autoconf / automake setup changed. I miss the "checking for simple visibility declarations... yes" line in the current configure output.

Unfortunately I'll be traveling for the next few days and won't be able to work on a fix.

On the linuxtv host I moved the v4l-utils-1.22.0.tar.bz2* files into the "broken" subfolder.

Thanks,
Gregor