dvbv5-based DiseqC 1.2 dish rotor control from command line

Hello, I have a few questions involving the dvbv5 tools:

How would one send DiSEqC 1.2+ rotor control commands using the
command line? I found an old discussion
(https://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-October/013435.html)
suggesting xdipo, however I get a build error about unrecognized
symbol involving XSync. Before continuing to try and fix it I
considered that ilinux-media has changed a lot since 2006 and the
application might not even work.

In dvbv5-zap, does the -S option described as "Satellite number" in
the help mean the operation  of a DiSEqC LNB switcher? Is there
rotator support?

Am I correct that the physical layers of DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.2 are
effectively the same, and that the difference is in the commands sent
over said layers from software? I'm using a Hauppauge PCTV 461e, which
is advertised to have DiSEqC 1.0 support only. However, its board has
a Montage Technology M88DS3103, which, according to linuxtv, is
capable of 2.0+. I haven't found a datasheet for the chip. Perhaps the
advertised limitation has to do with the windows software that came
with the stick?

I'm trying to automatically turn a DiSEqC rotor and control the 461e
using dvbv5-zap via a script. It's all going fine except I haven't
figured out how to send the DiSEqC to turn the rotor.