Re: TBS 6980 Dual Tuner PCI-e card.....not in Wiki at all?

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Emmanuel <eallaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Konstantin Dimitrov a écrit :
>>
>> hello, i can't comment on your questions about the Wiki, but i made
>> the driver for TBS 6980 and i can ensure you that the driver will be
>> released as open-source under GPL as soon as i have permission to do
>> that, but compared to other cards at least even at the moment you can
>> use the card in Linux and it's very easy to add support for it using
>> the binary modules even to the latest V4L code from repository and so
>> those "blobs" are actually not so big limitation.
>>
>> also, you are very wrong about the price - as far as i know retails
>> price is less than 200 USD, for example TBS online shop gives a price
>> of 158.99 USD:
>>
>> http://www.buydvb.net/pcie-dvbs2-dual-tuner-tv-card_p11.html
>>
>> and i believe the dual DVB-S2 card with price of 1000 USD that you're
>> talking about is the NetUP one and not the TurboSight TBS 6980 dual
>> DVB-S2 card.
>>

> I have two questions for you: do these board support (or will support in the
> near future) a CI interface for pay TV, and what is the best symbol rate
> they can achieve in DVB-S2 (I think I need QPSK only but could be 8PSK)

TBS 6980 specifications are:

DVB-S QPKS: 1000 - 45000 kSps

DVB-S2 QPSK and 8PSK: 2000 - 36000 kSps

but i personally have tested DVB-S2 8PSK up to 33500 kSps and it works
fine. so, DVB-S2 symbol rate range is still better than what most
other cards can offer i believe, which usually support 10000 - 30000
kSps for DVB-S2. TBS are developing card that will support 1000 -
45000 kSps for DVB-S2 (both QPSK and 8PSK), but i believe it won't be
released any time soon.