Re: ideal DVB-C PCI/e card? [linux-media]

3rd times a charm? If not I'll leave it rest :(

On 22/05/10, Jed wrote:
Hi All,

I put this one out there 3-weeks ago....
Just putting it out one last time to hear other peoples thoughts.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent PCI/e DVB-C tuner?
Ideally it'd be dual DVB-C, the only one I've found is more than dual
DVB-C & is far too expensive.
I guess that's the reality of the market right now?..

I'm subscribed to a PayTV provider here in Australia that uses an
encryption scheme called NDS or Videoguard2.
So I'll also need the right card reader and combo of software in order
to decrypt and then capture.

This stuff I can mostly work out for myself...
But if you have any knowledge or experience in that area, then I'd be
most appreciative if you can share.
As it definitely isn't for technical minnows!

Oh and in case you're worried, doing this sort of thing is not -yet-
illegal in Australia.
It may be soon though, thanks to the FTA our former Prime Minister
established with the U.S.

All the best,
Jed