Re: adv7280: Scrolling images on imx6

Hi Tim,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 12:20 PM Tim Harvey <tharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fabio,
>
> GStreamer does not use the g_skip_frames feature as far as I know. If
> it did then we likely wouldn't need Steves patch
> https://github.com/Gateworks/linux-imx6/commit/959fbd4. His commit
> explains the issue pretty well and yes, this should be mainlined in my
> opinion unless someone presents a more proper way to handle it.

Yes, I have submitted Steve's patch to the list.

> The proper way to set the video standard (PAL vs NTSC) is 'v4l2-ctl
> --device /dev/v4l-subdev2 --set-standard PAL' (on the proper subdev of
> course).

Thanks, Frieder gave me the same suggestion and it worked.

> The https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-media/patch/20190827215539.1286-1-mmichilot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> patch is only needed if you are using adv7280 which I thought you
> mentioned you were at some point. I still don't have a solution for
> that other than add a kernel module parameter or something.

Ops, sorry. The chip I am using is in fact an ADV7280 connected to the
CSI parallel bus.

I didn't apply Matthew's patch and I am getting a good quality image though.

What is the problem you notice when not applying this patch?

Thanks