Re: adv7280: Scrolling images on imx6

Hi Frieder,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 11:15 AM Frieder Schrempf
<frieder.schrempf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You're welcome!
>
> Just a question: What issue do you see without Steve's patch?

Without Steve's patch, I see the captured image slowly scrolling
vertically, like an old tube TV.

Once I apply it, the image becomes stable. The board I am currently
using is based on an imx6dl and the ADV7180 is connected to the
parallel CSI bus.

> I'm asking because with my setup with the imx7 CSI driver I'm getting a
> stable image, but it has a vertical and horizontal offset that seems to
> vary each time I enable the camera. I was wondering if this is maybe
> caused by the missing frame skipping.

Yes, maybe the imx7 CSI driver needs this initial frame skipping mechanism too.

> But still I'm not really sure if we can compare this as I needed another
> patch for the adv7180 driver to get it working with the i.MX8MM in the
> first place:
> https://git.kontron-electronics.de/linux/linux/-/commit/0d90331a44d0f718b7327a94fc72612ddcb4ac0f.

Thanks for sharing your git tree.

In the next days, I will work on a different imx6dl board, with the
adv7180 connected to the MIPI CSI2.

I see your tree contains some adv7180-m related patches. I will give
it a try and report.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam