Re: v4l2loopback and v4l2-mem2mem framework

On 3/4/21 11:10 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Please, don't top post.
Sorry about the top post.
The loopback driver is not something that could be merged. It was
already submitted a few times.

I'm willing to develop something new if you think that would be a better approach.
I just want the functionality of the loopback so that OBS (or something else) can
be used to compose a video scene for use by all the apps on Linux.

One of the main issues is that userspace may sleep, and this could cause
some bad effects and even hangups due to V4L2 core and VB2 mutex and
spin locks.

Is this something that could be fixed? If so, I am happy to try to help do that.

wt