The major usage of v4l-utils is on x86 and x86_64 archs. I don't see why not adding
there a logic that will also work with ARM and other architectures, providing, of
course, that they won't break compilation on x86/x86_64 ;) Eventually, maybe the qt
tools (currently, qv4l2) may need a specific versions for those architectures, as they
may need different graphics layouts, in order to better work on cellular phones and
other devices that have smaller screens.

Cheers,
Mauro