HDPVR Poor quality S-Video Capture

Using the 20100401 snapshot kernel modules from ATrpms on F12, I've
noticed that the quality
of video capture from the HDPVR is significantly worse than that from a PVRUSB2,
using the S-Video input. It is less sharp and has jaggier edges on things like
on screen displays from the video source (sat TV S-video output). This
is with Mythtv
and I've tried various video output settings, ffmpeg and VDPAU
decoding, deinterlacing,
etc. This is with an NTSC 480i input.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I've compiled the modules myself and can make
any changes suggested for troubleshooting. I can also provide sample captures if
needed

Thanks,

Mark