Re: Xawtv version 3.96

Hi,

On 04/23/2010 05:18 PM, Chicken Shack wrote:

It would make much more sense to complete (or at least try to complete)
xawtv 4.0 pre instead of fixing bugs in 3.96.

Reasons why?

1. 4.0 pre contains more innovation, new ideas.
2. 3.96 s analogue only, not DVB.
3. Both the analogue AND the DVB driver development section do need
reference applications for driver development: 4.0 pre contains BOTH:
reference apps for analogue AND DVB driver development.

We're currently mainly working on collecting distro patches for 3.xx so
as to have a 3.xx upstream with all known issues fixed, and to have a
source of xawtv-3.xx which will work out of the box on recent distro's

When setting up 3.xx git, we've also set up a 4.xx git, so that
interested parties can work on it. As you seem interested, feel free
to submit patches and / or apply for direct commit access to 4.xx git.

Regards,

Hans