Re: pxa_camera + ov9655: image shifted on first capture after reset

Jonathan Cameron schrieb:
On 04/16/10 09:25, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier wrote:
Hi,

I have updated my ov9655 driver to kernel 2.6.33 and
did some test regarding the image shift problem on pxa.
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/10773/focus=11810)

- The image was shifted 32 pixels (64 bytes) to the right
 or rather the first 32 pixels belongs to the previous image.
- The image was only shifted on the first capture after reset.
  It doesn't matter whether I previous change the resolution with v4l2-ctl.
- On big images (1280 x 1024) the shift disappears after some images,
  but not on small images (320 x 240).

It looks like the FIFO was not cleared at start capture
Sounds reasonable.  Similar problem seen with ov7670 attached to pxa271.
I've never taken the time to try and track it down.
I have fix the bug by moving the reset FIFO from pxa_camera_start_capture to pxa_camera_irq
in front of the DMA activation after an end of frame interrupt.

I will send a patch tomorrow.

Regards,
   Stefan