Re: How to get last frames in encode sequence returned by v4l2 encoder driver without V4L2_ENC_CMD_STOP

Le vendredi 11 décembre 2020 à 12:18 +0900, Tomasz Figa a écrit :
> A lot of the hardware encoders implement only the basic codec
> features, e.g. they would only encode in-order (no B-frames), have at
> most 2 reference frames, etc. In that case, it's as simple as waiting
> for dequeuing a CAPTURE buffer with a timestamp matching the OUTPUT
> buffer being waited on.

To me this is not a justification to allow not implementing that drain process
with CMD_STOP. Having a single drain path ensure the userspace will work for
both non-featured and full featured encoder. In the end, recommending to not
implement CMD_STOP seems like giving vendors a short cut, which I don't think is
beneficial to the users.