Re: tm6000 sometime frooze, sometimes crashed isoc transfer

Em 12-04-2010 13:44, Stefan Ringel escreveu:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> I have a little problem with the analog setting and isoc transfer (see
> log). Can I setting altsetting and where it must set?

Feel free to do whatever needed to fix it. If you take a look on the history
of em28xx-video, you'll find several strategies I tried to make it work. The
first ones work better than currently, but the biggest issue is that parts
of the frames got lost. So, I played a lot trying to fix, and the current
code is just one of the trials (btw, it is the worst code, but I tried to start
from scratch, to see if re-implementing it would be better, and then I got out
of time to complete the new design). Hmm... In fact, later I received a code
that works on linux, but with a proprietary license, and I tried to get author's ack
to add his code (that also includes the alsa part), but he never gave it to me. I
suspect that the code were just a port of the original driver, authored by the
chipset manufacturer. So, I went into a dead end, since using the code would likely
violate someone's IP, and after looking at the code, I might contaminate the GPL
source code.

Cheers,
Mauro.