Use dvbv5-zap.c in mpv (LGPL)

Hi,

I've used dvbv5-zap.c as a base to replace the dvbstream based input
stream for mpv-player. The header from dvbv5-zap.c stated that it's
GPL-2 and I wonder if it could be changed to LGPL-2.

I'm quite confused how libdvbv5 is licensed, v4l-utils seems GPL-2
licensed and contain the sources for libdvbv5 which are on it's turn
LGPL-2 licensed.

There are also some references from libdvbv5 to the v4l-utils DVB
utilities stating that it's sample code. To be honest, for me that's an
understatement. If you'd like to use libdvbv5 you'll essentially do
exactly what's in these utilties for setting up an DVB device. I wish
libdvbv5 contained that code as well (licensed as LGPL-2).

My questions are:
* How are the DVB related v4l-utils licensed (GPL-2 or LGPL-2)?
* Is libdvbv5 really LGPL-2 licensed? (some Linux distributions say
  GPL-2)
* Would it be possible to relicense the DVB related v4l-utils?
* As an alternative, would it be possible to supply LGPL-2 licensed
  examples with libdvbv5 or some higher level/helper functions?

Thanks in advance!
Dick