Re: Philips Monitor with webcam

Hi Gregor,

On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 08:41:27AM +0100, Gregor Hlawacek wrote:

[snip]

> Hi Mauro and Laurent
>
> @Mauro:
>
> I think there is a confusion, which might be my fault as I talked about
> a chicony cam in the external monitor. The chicony cam that shows up as
> video0/1 is my internal laptop camera which is working fine. The
> problematic one is the sunplusIT camera which has a chicony usb
> identifier (0412). This is connected to video2-5 and also the one for
> which I reported the above information.
>
> @Laurent:
>
> lsusb -v -d 0412:612b:

[snip]

Thank for the information. Nothing strikes me as weird. Could you

- Set the uvcvideo trace parameter to 0xffff:

  sudo echo 0xffff > /sys/module/uvcvideo/parameters/trace

- Unplug and replug the monitor
- Open the video devices in turn with v4l2-ctl (use the video device
  nodes /dev/video* directly, not the by-id links)
- Send send the output of 'sudo dmesg'

You can clear the kernel log with 'sudo dmesg -c' before doing so to
avoid including unrelated data (or just strip it from the dmesg output
manually when copying it to an e-mail).

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart