Re: RFC: new V4L control framework

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I have 2 cases where that is undesriable:
>
> 1. cx18 volume control: av_core subdev has a volume control (which the
> bridge driver currently reports as it's volume control) and the cs5435
> subdev has a volume control.
>
> I'd really need them *both* to be controllable by the user.  I'd also
> like them to appear as a single (bridge driver) volume control to the
> user - as that is what a user would expect.

For what it's worth, I've got a similar problem I am going to need to
deal with.  I'm working on a hardware design which has a volume
control built into the audio processor, as well as a separate i2c
controllable volume control (a cs3308).

So I am indeed *very* interested in seeing the best approach for
dealing with this issue.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs