V4L-DVB drivers and BKL

Hi all,

I just read on LWN that the core kernel guys are putting more effort into
removing the BKL. We are still using it in our own drivers, mostly V4L.

I added a BKL column to my driver list:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/V4L_framework_progress#Bridge_Drivers

If you 'own' one of these drivers that still use BKL, then it would be nice
if you can try and remove the use of the BKL from those drivers.

The other part that needs to be done is to move from using the .ioctl file op
to using .unlocked_ioctl. Very few drivers do that, but I suspect almost no
driver actually needs to use .ioctl.

On the DVB side there seem to be only two sources that use the BKL:

linux/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/dst_ca.c: lock_kernel();
linux/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/dst_ca.c: unlock_kernel();
linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.c:      lock_kernel();
linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.c:              unlock_kernel();
linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.c:      unlock_kernel();

At first glance it doesn't seem too difficult to remove them, but I leave
that to the DVB experts.

Regards,

	Hans