Re: genius islim 310 webcam test

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:56:59 +0200
Németh Márton <nm127@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The next thing is that you need to learn how to compile the Linux
> kernel from source code. There is a description for Ubuntu at
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kernel/Compile . After you are able
> to compile and install your new kernel, you can try to apply the
> patch in this email, recompile the kernel, install the kernel and the
> modules, unload the gspca_pac7302 kernel module ("rmmod
> gspca_pac7302"), and then plug the webcam in order it can load the
> new kernel module. When you were successful with these steps you'll
> see new messages in the output of "dmesg" command. Please send this
> output also.

Hello Németh and Sergei,

I think the patch is not needed because it just gives the vend:prod
which is already known by lsusb.

On the other hand, compiling a full kernel is not needed with a small
tarball distribution as the one I have in my page (actual gspca-2.9.10).

Best regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/