ITE8708 on ASUS PN50 uses a 16 byte io region

Hi,

here's the resource descriptor from my DSDT:
Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
    IO (Decode16,
        0x0000,             // Range Minimum
        0x0000,             // Range Maximum
        0x01,               // Alignment
        0x10,               // Length
        _Y1A)
    IRQNoFlags (_Y1B)
        {}
    DMA (Compatibility, NotBusMaster, Transfer8, )
        {}
})

As you can see it uses 16 bytes for the IO region while the driver
drivers/media/rc/ite-cir.c expects 8.
I don't see any obvious reason why they do that since they only seem
to write two words in there, and if I edit the DSDT to change the
length from 0x10 to 0x8 the linux driver detects the device properly
it works just fine.

So is this a bug on ASUS' side or should we just accept longer regions
for the same device type?

Thanks
Michael