Re: cio2 ipu3 module to automatically connect sensors via swnodes

On 14/09/2020 15:58, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 08:45:10AM +0100, Dan Scally wrote:
Hello Heikki

On 09/09/2020 14:40, Heikki Krogerus wrote:
I'm almost certain that my graph patch is broken. My tests did not
cover nearly as much that is needed to properly test the patch. I
think at least the refcount handling is totally broken in
software_node_graph_get_next_endpoint(), so that function at least
needs to be rewritten.

Unfortunately I do not have time to work on that patch right now.

thanks,

I managed to get to the bottom of the remaining issue (which was the cause
of the problem I originally posted here about - that's now all resolved).
In addition to the refcount handling problems,
software_node_graph_get_next_endpoint() was occasionally passing an invalid
combination of parameters to software_node_get_next_child(); sometimes it
would pass an existing endpoint as old in combination with a port which was
not the endpoint's parent. Applying this on top of your patch seems to stop
both of those errors:

Can you send a formal patch where you will be a co-developer to Heikki?
Though I don't remember if Heikki signed off it.

The original has his Signed-off-by on it yes, but it wasn't raised as a formal patch. I'll raise one and send it yes; probably tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dan